Is anyone else ready for a cold front to come through?! Thankfully it’s starting to cool off outside so we can enjoy all the great patios Houston has to offer. This week we are featuring our favorites in Upper Kirby. This area has a mixture of neighborhood type bars to restaurants where you feel like you’re in a garden in Europe.
We also noted whether the places were df (dog friendly) and/or kf (kid friendly).
1. Tiny Boxwoods (df, kf) – Phenomenal brunch and perfect patio for a fall time Houston day. You feel like you’re in Europe when you come here in some French garden. Come here for their tasty food and pretty greenery.
2. Local Foods (df, kf) – Gourmet sandwiches with a great patio. Come here for their crunchy chicken sandwich and harvest salad.
3. Hop Meets Barley (df) – Opened up this summer and has a great neighborhood feel to it. Come here for their craft beer and over 40 rotating taps!
4. Kirby Ice House (df) – This bar has food trucks or you can bring your own food (BYOF) if you so choose! The patio is dog friendly and they have almost 30 TVs which makes it a great spot to watch Football when it cools down! Come here to enjoy one of the largest patios to meet Houston this year!
5. West Alabama Ice House (df) – A dive bar that is very chill. It has cheap drinks and a great taco truck next door. Come here for a chill night out and to shoot some hoops.