In continuation for last weeks post about our favorite patios to try out this fall, check out these awesome bars located in Midtown Houston! We tend to frequent Midtown bars a little more than we would like to admit, but these places are legit. Drink up friends.
We also noted whether the places were df (dog friendly) and/or kf (kid friendly).
1. Pub Fiction (df) – They just renovated the whole bar and opened this August. It’s a complete transformation and we are loving it. Great new outside area with tvs, picnic tables, and corn hole. This is our favorite football watching spot. Come here early on football Sunday’s to get a seat!
2. Irish Cowboy (df) – Newly remodeled, this midtown bar is HUGE with a stage in the back. There are weekly performances. Come here with a big group and for St Pattys Day/Cinco De Mayo/Memorial Day/Labor day.
3. Wooster’s Garden (no longer df) – Happy Hour is until 6pm and you can get cocktails 50% off (typically $10). They do serve food and their french fries are amazing. Come here for their unique cocktails and homemade fireball.
4. The Continental Club – This bar/music venue located south of Midtown is a true gem. Come here for the live music and our favorite Thursday night Beatles cover band.
5. Axelrad (df , kf) – Newer to the Houston scene and they call themselves a “dog bar that is people friendly”. Love it. Come here for their good beers and hammocks.
6. Saint Dane’s Bar and Grille (df) – They bring down a projector for some sporting events. The wings are delicious and they have live music some nights! Come here for their amazing daily specials (like $1 taco Tuesday with 2 drink minimum).
7. Cle – A day club pool/lounge that houses big-name DJs for Sunday pool parties. When there is someone famous in town, make sure you reserve a table. There is a cover-fee but the new patio is really impressive. Come here for the Vegas-esque pool parties when your friends come to visit from out of town.