On Sunday morning I woke up craving linguine with clam sauce. Weird I know. I then started going through Pinterest and tried to find a recipe that could cure my craving! Well I found two recipes. I adapted Framed Cooks recipe and and used some ingredients from Table For Two Blog to get my mouthwatering creation. It was everything I hoped and dreamed of, and I’m very excited to be able to have it for dinner again tomorrow :).
So in order to feel better about this creamy, buttery meal – I made some zoodles instead of using solely linguine. Zoodles are such a great way to reduce your carb intake. Sometimes I even forget that I’m not eating pasta… that is until I eat pasta and remember how AMAZING it is. I used to own OXO Good Grips Julienne Peeler, but then my mom bought me a Kitchen Active Spiralizer Spiral Slicer, Green which I’m obsessed with! It’s so easy to make zoodles. The Julienne Peeler is good, it’s just more time consuming to use. All you do is put the zucchini in the spiral slicer, and turn it. One day I hope to buy a spiralizer like this one – Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer. Perhaps a belated birthday gift idea?!? Note this recipe serves 2 people…or one very hungry person. Also if you love garlic, I would recommend adding more. But if you’re making this for a hot dinner date, maybe 3 cloves will be adequate to not scare him/her away with garlic breath.
1/3 box of Veggie Pasta
2 6.5 oz cans of chopped clams (drained, but reserve liquid)
1/2 fresh lemon
3/4 cup wine
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons parsley
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 shallot (minced)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
salt & pepper to taste
- Bring pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Add in spiralized zuchinni after 5 minutes of pasta being in water. Cook pasta for a total of 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a medium/large pan, over high heat. Add in minced garlic, finely chopped shallot, and chopped clams.
- Saute mixture for about 3 minutes. Add wine to mixture and leave for about 5 minutes; you can put heat to medium high.
- Add juice of one half a lemon, heavy whipping cream, and parsley. Mix together and reduce heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is too thick, add reserved clam juice. (I added about 1/3 cup).
- Put pasta/zucchini mixture into bowl and add clam sauce on top. Top with Parmesan cheese for an added cheesy element.
Hope you all enjoy! I know I sure did.