Who doesn’t love Fort Laudy? Great beaches, reasonably priced, good food and so close to Miami!
I stayed at the Westin Hotel. It was right along the beach and it even had walkway so you didn’t have to cross the street to get to the beach. All of the staff was very accommodating. The workout facility was in good condition with a number of machines, treadmills and weights. There was a Starbucks on the first floor along with a spa. The restaurant by the pool had very good food and the service was excellent. The hotel was situated next to a number of other hotels with very good restaurants for dinner, lunch and brunch. I would highly recommend staying here!
Food (highly recommend making reservations at all restaurants)
- Casablanca Cafe
- Our favorite place the whole weekend and the only one we went to not located in a hotel!
- Food: Beef kabobs are a must. I had the mediterranean salad with chicken and homemade hummus was amazing. I would’ve eaten here every night.
- S3 (located in the Hilton)
- This place had a great atmosphere. The menu has a TON of options to choose from making it a good choice if you are with a ton of people who have different tastes!
- Food: GET THE MAC N CHEESE – I wrote in all caps because I’m that serious. It is very dense and heavy so definitely share. We started with the goat cheese croquettes which were good but also very filling. I ordered the special which was halibut over couscous, delicious. I also tried the filet which was good but definitely not the top 10 of my life.
- Beauty and the feast (located in the Atlantic Hotel)
- Atmosphere was fun and there were a bunch of groups/parties.
- Food: Appetizer we got the white mussels, I was not that impressed but they were huge! The spring rolls were delicious and I highly recommend these. For our entree we split the bone in ribeye with garlic mashed potatoes (substituted), really really good – cooked perfectly. Finally dabbled in some dessert for the first time all trip – CARROT CAKE. You know what the all caps mean… yes, it’s a must, so save up for it people.
- Burlocks (located in the Ritz Carleton Hotel)
- Sat outside and the staff was extremely nice and had great recommendations for food.
- Food: We went here for brunch and holy sh*t am I happy we did. Let me start with $20 all you can drink mimosas, bloody marys, house beer and a house punch. Yes, we took advantage of this. Also, they had killer oysters for $1 – BC brunch oysters and 3 sauces to put on top of each oyster, really delicious. I had the huevos rancheros which I thought was delicious!!!! I also tried the BC Burger and it was SO tasty.